Summer break is nearly here! Many expats in our international community go home for their summer hols. We usually do too but this year is a little different. We're going to stay put and explore Switzerland more. I'm so looking forward to hanging with the kids, going hiking and swimming, some weekend trips and hopefully a bit of camping too and some time to work on the house and garden. Our big 'vacay' is a road trip to France planned for July, which is just too cool!
Of course I'm really going to miss our annual trip to California this time. I'm very prone to homesickness, an actual curse of living abroad! So I've put together a few travel guides for those visiting L.A. this summer and for my own personal memories. Here are a few things we did last summer, for more check out previous travel posts here and here. Hope you enjoy and can use some of the bookmarks.
- Old Pasadena at One Colorado
- Outdoor Cinema nights. Or even better, go 'old school' with a drive-in theatre
- Butterfly Pavilion at the Natural History Museum
- College around the corner? Inspire your teenagers with a visit to University of Southern California Film School
- Tour the classic cinemas of old Hollywood
- Lunch at a gourmet food truck, an L.A. institution! Try HeirloomLA
- Juice it up at Moon Juice, L.A.
- Museum hop LACMA and The Getty
- Shopping Streets: Abbot Kinney and Montana Ave
- Coffee Crawl at
(Photography by Tanya Moss)